it was a super fun, great time to catch up, sweaty, exercise filled, sweaty time. if you couldn’t tell we did a lot of sweating. much of it related to our insane workout schedule and 5k race but also the freakin’ insane humidity here in DC.
it was a much needed visit for me. jamie is one of my dearest friends and has been a blessing to me. plus, i adore her cute kids!
post 5k run…crystal city twilighter. it was 99 degrees at 8pm when we started the race!
this was some 12.5 hours after our first run of the day – with my running club .
and after of day walking around georgetown and alexandria. We were nuts!!
I’ve been blessed to have had a wonderful father who made me who I am…
Anthony F. Litt III
A brother who is a great father and makes me proud every day…
Anthony F. Litt IV
A grandfather who loved me…
Anthony F. Litt Jr.
Great men in my life who have and continue to be wonderful examples to me…
Paul Wilson Jr.
Amazing friends who are gifted fathers…
spending my days on the train in australia, i’ve had some time to think about turing 33 – not in a bad way, so all my dear friends, don’t be worried, i’m not going off the deep end.
i figured i could blog about the 33 things i love the 33 things i’m thankful for the 33 things i’m blessed with
or even the 33 words that could describe me
yes, way too much thinking…
but i was listening to my students laughing on the train read an email i got from erin along with a twitter message from onalee
so i decided what i really needed and wanted was to remind myself – if for no other reason then to start the year off right –
why this is a good time to be 33.
so here’s my list.
it’s the 33 things that make me hApPy…
i mean really, truly happy without reservation without needing to think about it without a shadow of a doubt
the things that make me smile just writing them all down…
in no particular order, here we go!
1. marla’s blog posts
2. being called auntie em by jasmine even though all through high school i hated the thought of being “auntie em”
3. the sound of tony’s laugh – the belly laugh
4. playing poker at the barnharts
5. a hug from jackson and max
6. playing hide and seek with G, L, and Joe
7. catching a glimps of my favorite picture of jasmine when she was a baby as i leave for work in the morning
8. getting “secret” comments from john on my dating life
9. taunghting riggins and packer by whistling over skype because they think i’m actually in the room
10. getting emails from erin that literally – no kidding – make me laugh out loud – with tears in my eyes – at work
11. sitting on the tub in the bathroom solving life’s problems with victoria at all hours of the night and day
12. giving adam tough love because he always takes it like a champ
13. driving home from work at byu and looking at the view of the mountains – remembering that it’s not about me
14. the warm fuzzy feeling when i enter the state of wisconsin
15. a great piece of sushi
16. being able to trust myself
17. a great movie that makes you laugh, cry or jump right out of your seat
18. laughing at an email from jodi from over 4 years ago and the thought of hiding under her desk
19. a long bike ride alone
20. changing my hair color as many times as i want and when ever i feel like it
21. watching max (the cat) stretch out on the floor in front of the fire place
22. seeing parts of my dad come out in me during meetings at work – then laughing at myself when i realize i am more like him than i thought
23. running in the rain
24. a perfectly cooked baked potato with cottage cheese on top
25. a book that is so good you can’t put it down or stop listening to it on your iPod
26. a scary haunted house
27. sunday afternoon/early evening naps on the couch with golf on tv in the background
28. nearly passing out when i watch the packer’s play
29. a fabulous pedicure
30. onalee’s crazy stories
31. a great episode of tv that leaves you dying for next week
More of my Minnesota friends came to visit this week. The last few weeks have been full of Minnesota love!
Jamie and John Parrish my close friends from back home were here over the weekend. We all got to hang out on Monday night with Lindsay and Josh and Ella too! It was so great to see them and catch up. It was even better because I finally got to see Jamie’s pregnant belly!
No Becky H., I didn’t rub it, not even for you but here is a picture just for you (Jamie wouldn’t let me take one so I took it from her site, ha ha!). She’s just adorable and the cutest pregnant woman. I’ll leave the rubbing to you.
John was fun as usual too! He gave me his latest theory on men and dating. No need to explain, just know it was highly entertaining and made me laugh.
Tuesday, we (the girls – Jamie, Lindsay, Penny and me) went to breakfast and caught up.
It really was a great two days.
Too short but definitely sweet…except I missed seeing Jack and Max.
Can’t wait to see you guys again and the new addition, baby girl ?????? (you know what my vote is for!).
So lately on Thursday nights I’ve been spending the evening at the Jackson’s…usually our line up is Survivor (for Jackson), Grey’s, The Office, Kim & Kat and then if I’m lucky Ace of Cakes…
I love it because I never watch Survivor but to watch Jackson who is nearly 7 get so into a show that he nearly cried when Matty almost got kicked off. Jackson will occasionally snuggle with me while we watch it too depending on his mood (yes, he is a boy so it’s to be expected:)).
Honestly it’s one of those moments in life when you know that your so blessed because just being with Jackson makes my day. Not mention watching Max eat handfuls of sugar is a permanent memory that won’t fade when I’m in UT…
Then Jamie and I talk about how we just want Issy to finally die or be certifiably nuts on Grey’s. It’s a rather entertaining Thursday night…
And yes…I hope Bob wins on Survivor…sorry Jackson, I know you want Matty or Sugar but I’m all for the old guy. Love you kid.